RepRap project for a while, and I've finally decided to build one.
The RRRF is a non-profit organisation set up to help supply parts for RepRap research and development supplies some useful electronics pcbs and kits. After a little delay getting things back in stock, I ordered a bunch of useful RepRap odds and ends, and a full electronics kit.
Pretty soon, a box full of goodies arrived. I bought:
- A full electronics kit - several PCBs with full sets of components ready to solder. My weakest area is electronics, so I need the help!
- An arduino interface board
- A few feet of Nichrome wire and a spare thermocouple - I'm hoping to build a seperate extruder to experiment with, and it will also act as spares.
- A big 5lb coil of ABS. I've seen some good results that HydraRaptor's achieved with ABS, and I'm interested in experimenting with it.
- a soldering iron and soldering kit
- some Polymorph (CAPA)
My plan is to make the electronics first, and then get a kit from bitsfrombytes for the mechanical stuff.
I need to practice soldering a bit before I have the confidence to let loose on the kits!