Thursday, 18 September 2008

Extruder assembled

Extruder kit mostly assembled. The fire cement winding was easier than I expected - I ended up curing it on one of my electric cooker rings which worked well.

Monday, 15 September 2008

Huge progress!

This weekend I spent several hours building and made huge progress

Building the top frame. Note the extra 70mm bars temporarily inserted help make sure the gap is straight, and also that the 20mm wide spacer bars help you get the minimum 20mm overhang correct.

Completed frame with diagonals. All travel is smooth, all I need is to hook-up and test the motors and wind on the belts. On to the extruder!

Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Lower frame square

The lower frame is built and square. Note: don't overtighten nuts. Use your fingers to hold the nut rather than a tool as it prevents cracking the acrylic.

A variety of other corners and parts of the y-assembly.

Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Complete x-axis and some brackets

Here are the lower brackets and the z-motor support

The complete X-axis assembly!