I ordered some bits'n'pieces for extruder experimentation and modification. I grabbed some 8mm PTFE, 10mmPTFE and 8mmPEEK rod from DirectPlasticsOnline , and I ordered some wirewound resistors from Farnell, along with some thermistors and a set of 10-way pins and headers so that I can unplug and change extruders easily.
I spent some time in the garage cutting and drilling to make some simple insulators - and found that it's hard to drill vertical holes without a lathe or pillar drill. I also collected together some scavenged parts - some large washers, plumbing bits and drilled out a few 0.6mm welding tips to 3mm.
Sunday afternoon I spent soldering on the 10-way headers, and wiring up a couple of extruders. I'll test them out soon.